Thursday, November 14, 2013

My First Time on a Dirt Bike .... MAGICAL!

I did it! I successfully DID IT! I RODE that motorcycle like a CHAMP!


I have been obsessing over learning the necessary skills to eventually have my own street bike (I have a sweet Kawasaki Ninja 250 in mind as my first starter bike) and ride as soon as possible.  All season this year I tried to get in to the Motorcycle Safety Foundation's courses, but all the ones at any location near me didn't coincide with my schedule, so I couldn't go.

I couldn't take it anymore. I had the itch to go out on 2 wheels...

So I flew back home to my parents, geared up and hopped on my brother's race bike...

AND IT WAS AMAZING AND MAGICAL...
...just what my soul needed...





You can hear me squealing and screaming with pure joy and excitement in the video on my YouTube channel... Yes I am a girly girl who loves doing hair & makeup and teaching others the same skills... but I ALSO am a girl who's soul feels free when I'm racing around on two wheels...


I even learned how to shift gears that day.. something that had been a huge obstacle, and freaked me out... I didn't want to kill it or end up on the ground.. so I safely rode around in first gear, getting a feel for the bike until I couldn't take it any longer and HAD to gear up...


AND I DID ITTTTT!!!





I was so unbelievably proud of myself after this huge accomplishment... I didn't stop riding around for nearly 2 hours... it was absolutely amazing.

I had only ever rode solo when my friend graciously taught me the basics on her sweet sweet Ducati Monster (700? 750? I can't remember, shame on me.)... The Monster's name was Daisy and she was amazing... (see the pix! and VIDEO below)





I was hooked.

I have been riding passenger for 20+ years... initially when I was younger with my dad... and more recently with my buddy on his Kawasaki Ninja 650R for the past 2 seasons...


and I can tell he's getting a bit tired of taking passenger... :(  Which suuuucks, because I absolutely LOVE our riding adventures....and craave them with a passion!


...that combined with my increasing need to have my own bike... has me obsessing pretty hard lately!

 I want to be able to go out and ride whenever I want, and whenever there is a Road & Track Riders of Chicago meet up...because those people ROCKS!  It has been GREAT meeting new people through rides and meetups when I go with my buddy, as passenger... the people have all been awesome and we have made great new friends!  Lately I have been struggling with feeling left out though, and hearing all the stories of the epic rides, and seeing the pictures of all the fun I can't take part in..sucks...sucks real hard..

because I can only attend and hang out with my new friends if my buddy feels like taking passenger, which has been diminishing lately & truth time: it breaks my heart ...
 So I have to see invites for meet ups come and go and sadly decline, even though each.and.every.time. I want to go with ...


...girl just wants to RIDE!

Soooo now I've just acquired myself 4 jobs, and working on a 5th...
..wow..
I am motivated to pay down my heap of debt, and save enough $ cashola $ for a bike, gear, insurance, and everything I will need to get me riding next season... and hopefully eventually on TRACK DAYS... so that means MORE $$$ for full leathers, and to be able to pay for all these adventures...

It seems so far away and truly like it will only ever be a dream... that I can't wish hard enough to become a reality...



*sigh*

I can just watch these videos over & over during these chilly months until next season... and keep dreamin'....



Thanks for stopping by! :)
Other places you can find & follow me:
Twitter: @LadyPetersa
Instagram: @LadyPeters
YouTube:youtube.com/LadyPetersa
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/LadyPetersa/
Tumblr: http://ladypeters.tumblr.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment